Sunday, January 1, 2012

So, it's 2012...

So much has happened in the last couple of weeks, so that's what I'm using as my excuse why I've not written lately. I truly want to get better at this, but I'm rarely confident that people want to hear what I write.
Annnnnywaaaaay...

We had a great holiday season in our household, although it was busybusybusy. Christmas Eve, we spent with Jeff's family and I got a deep fryer, which I am legitimately excited for, and Jeff's sister (who is the BEST) made me flower pins/hair things (sorry Gen, I don't know how else to explain them), but they're stunning. I adore them. I also received a bunch of other wonderful things, but I don't want this to turn into a "people must think I'm awesome because I got some really awesome things this year" post.

Adriana's big gifts from us this year was her Barbie Dream Townhouse and the bunk bed which we have yet to set up. She got a ton of other things too like a lot of Pokemon crap, and a keyboard, and more jewelry than I got (I didn't get any, by the way... ahem). She donated a TON of her things, and still wants to donate more, so I think she's an amazing kid who deserves nice things, and lots of people agree.

Three days later, we moved. I'm still sore. We didn't move far, but we moved up. I'm still very slowly unpacking, and it's going to take us forever.

So then that takes us to New Years Eve. I worked, and then came home and did nothing. I'm quite boring and I'm amazed I made it till after midnight to unfortunately listen to Simple Plan (I thought they were dead) ring in the new year. Oh, Canada, really? Simple friggin' plan? You couldn't find anyone better? My heart/ears cry.

So, Happy New Year anyone who may read this. I genuinely hope you have a fantastic year, because as far as I can gather, everyone's year has been complete shit. On to bigger and better things!

No comments:

Post a Comment