Sunday, June 12, 2011

It is far too early for me to be up on a sunday morning.

Boo. Hiss.

I will start out by saying that I'm not religious, at all. But, I want my daughter to find her own path in life, even if religion is part of that for her. If she wants to go to church and her grandparents are able to take her, then by all means.
I want her to learn through experience, and make knowledgeable decisions, and I hope by going to church, or not going to church and talking with people of differing opinions that she will find what's right for her as she gets older.
I of course try to guide her in making the best choices so far in her life (be polite, courteous, be good, etc.) but for the sake of just being a good and decent person. There is no talk of "you need to do such-and-such, or you'll go to hell". I disagree with that sort of parenting and teaching. I think it's wrong to teach a child to live in fear.
I have to say, I have an amazing little kid. She's all of the things I've hoped she'd be. She's bright, caring, sensitive, funny, a little weird, but purely awesome.

So, that turned into something I wasn't expecting at all, hah. I just wanted to whine a little about having to be up to early.

'Til next time!!

2 comments:

  1. Terra....I am totally on the same page as you. We are raising our children the same way. No promise of heaven or threat of hell (my mother assured me that I would go to hell as a teenager unless I "smartened up"). I have always believed if you want to find yourself, think for yourself. Socrates said that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I feel for Adriana to become her own person, she needs to lead the way in her beliefs, and I'll support her through it all, instead of pushing her in any direction.

    ReplyDelete