Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I promise- I'm not that kind of weirdo!

You know what??

I wish my beautiful daughter would let me take her photo. Every now and again, she's generous and lets me snap three or four, and then she gets tired of my lens in her way, and puts her hand up to obscure her face, or she pulls the most ridiculous faces (which can make for excellent photos, don't get me wrong).

She's who I take my photos of, and I'm not getting to take as many as I would like. Bummer. Every now and again, and never often enough, we have family gatherings with the grandparents and my beautiful sister in law's family, and I'm lucky enough to take their photos as well.

My point is - I don't get to use my camera enough. I'm still learning, and I'm no where near a pro, but I'd LOVE to branch out. I just have no idea how.

I think I have a better eye when taking pictures of the kids, because they just have fun. Adults are very conscious of how they want to look in that photo and pose. So the moments captured aren't nearly as genuine.

I was trying to figure out how I would go about being able to photograph others who are not my family.

But what am I supposed to do? Post an ad? "HEY!! I am NOT a professional photographer, but I'd LOVE to take photos of your kids!"

What's that? "Oh, Hi Chris Hansen..."

Anyway- If you have any tips, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment